NEUROFIT privacy and data security policy
NEUROFIT complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other regulation regarding the processing of personal data and privacy. NEUROFIT respects your privacy and is committed to safeguarding the confidentiality of your personal information.
This policy explains how and why NEUROFIT collects and uses the personal information of its collaborators, current and prospective clients and website visitors, and how NEUROFIT protects your privacy. It also explains how you can manage and delete your own personal information and your contact preferences.
When disclosing your personal information to us by completing our online forms, you consent to the collection, storage and processing of your personal information as stated in this policy. You can withdraw this consent at any time.
The personal information that we collect from you shall be obtained, processed and transmitted in compliance with applicable data protection legislation including the GDPR. Only the minimum data necessary for the proper functioning of the NEUROFIT activities is collected. Access to personal data is restricted to people for whom it is necessary to access the data.
Processing of personal data
NEUROFIT company is responsible for the processing of your personal data. The registered name of NEUROFIT company is NEUROFIT SAS, having its registered seat in France: 850 Blv Sebastien Brant, Bioparc 1 - Parc d'Innovation, F - 67400 Illkirch. SIRET: 480 329 200 00038, APE: 7219Z.
NEUROFIT collects your personal data when you complete NEUROFIT's online forms on our website.
NEUROFIT can also collect personal data obtained from you on the basis of your consent during professional exchanges. Information obtained from a third party acting on your behalf is processed on the basis that it is necessary for the performance of a contract or on the basis that the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of NEUROFIT. These legitimate interests are that the processing of the personal data is necessary for NEUROFIT to be able to identify current and prospective clients.
NEUROFIT only collects the data necessary for the proper functioning of the NEUROFIT activities:
• E-mail address: Electronic communication is for most purposes NEUROFIT’s preferred method of communication because it is generally convenient, rapid, effective, environmentally friendly and efficient. In order to be able to communicate with you directly electronically, NEUROFIT needs your e-mail address. You are therefore required to supply your e-mail address when you use the automated form on our website. For this reason, the e-mail address is the only non-optional information collected and stored during your exchanges with NEUROFIT.
• Field(s) of interest: You can also indicate, in an intentional way, your field(s) of interest. It enables us to provide you with more relevant information and to better understand the preferences of our customers.
Data below are collected manually during exchanges as part of customer / supplier relationships:
• Nominative Information - Title, first name(s), surname(s): Your nominative details are needed to properly identify you, to communicate with you, to provide you with the products and services you have requested.
• Work address: The postal address is needed when items will be sent to you by post (e.g. biological samples, final report).
• Phone number: it is generally necessary to exchange specific details about our services, models, and study designs.
In the case of validated contract(s), we ask you for additional information, e.g. bank details. And others, if this is needed for the services provided by NEUROFIT.
The data is collected and stored only for the execution of our services.
The e-mail address submitted when using automated forms on our website or when contacting us will be used by NEUROFIT for the unique purpose of providing you information for which you might have interest. NEUROFIT respects the privacy of personal e-mail addresses and complies with the current European legislation on e-mail communication. The objective is not to send you unwanted messages, and your e-mail details will not be passed on to any other individual or third party organization. At any time, you can manage the extent to which NEUROFIT communicates with you by sending us an e-mail.
NEUROFIT undertakes not to overwhelm you with e-mails:
• Scientific Research updates (monthly): our latest R&D results, e.g. new models available, validation data, etc…
• Event e-alerts (max 3-4 / year): to inform you of our presence at an event/congress and communicate you the important information, e.g. booth #, poster session.
If you are a current or prospective clients, your information will be kept in the NEUROFIT system database until you choose to opt-out by sending us an e-mail message or by clicking on the unsubscribe link button of our mails.
Information is kept indefinitely for persons/companies who have requested further information about our services, or for a quote, whether or not that is formalized in a contract or not.
Personal data is only shared with NEUROFIT's people and/or third parties if this is necessary to carry out services or to permit normal operation of NEUROFIT's processes.
If we share your personal information with a processor, we make sure the processor complies with the GDPR by signing processing agreements.
Other third parties have no access to personal data.
All personal data is stored on a secure server, and appropriate technical and organizational measures are implemented to ensure an appropriate level of security and advanced access control.
In accordance with the GDPR, you have the right to request access to and modification or erasure of your personal data and/or restriction of processing of your data and/or to object to the processing of your data on the basis of article 6 (1)(f) GDPR, as well as the right to data portability.
If you need help adjusting or deleting your personal data or if you want to request a restriction of processing of your data, object to the processing of your data or if you want to receive your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, you can also contact NEUROFIT by e-mail:
If you feel NEUROFIT is violating your rights, please contact us. You also have the right to file a complaint with the French Data Protection Authority.
NEUROFIT uses Google Analytics. This is a so-called ‘analytics’ service that collects statistics regarding the use of the website and platform. Analytics cookies are placed through the NEUROFIT website. Through Google Analytics, all data is anonymous. Cookies in and of themselves do not personally identify users, although they do identify a computer. The anonymous information is passed to Google and stored on servers in the United States. The collected data will not be made available to third parties, except if Google or NEUROFIT are legally obligated to do so. More information about Google Analytics can be found here. You can turn off all Google Analytics cookies when you access the NEUROFIT website.
If you have any questions or requests, please contact the NEUROFIT by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.